Restful Sleep Herbal Tincture
- Tinctures are a traditional, time-honored method used by herbalists to extract active ingredients from herbs
- By using the correct ratio of alcohol and water as a solvent, more of the plants spectrum of constituents can be extracted than with other methods, such as tea, for instance. Alcohol is particularly useful in extracting a wide variety of the available compounds in a plant, and it facilitates an easy absorption of the compounds into the blood stream. Furthermore, tinctures are extremely shelf stable, and therefore, they last for a very long time.
- You deserve restful sleep! Your health depends on it. Fall asleep and stay asleep with this herbal tincture.*
- Quiets the busy mind and calms the body for restful sleep.*
- Take 2 - 4 ml 30 minutes prior to bedtime. You can take another 2-4 ml during the night if you wake up. A full "pull" from the medicine dropper is typically 1.5 - 2 ml. It may take a few nights to find the best dose for your body. Mix with juice, water, or tea for better taste.
- A synergistic blend that contains Nervine and Sedative herbs that calm the nerves, promote relaxing and induce sleep.*
- Each herb in this formula is also antispasmodic, which makes this tincture especially useful when muscle tension is leading to, or caused by, anxiety and/or an inability to sleep.*
- The combination of Valerian and Skullcap is a common and respected recipe in traditional herbalism
- A small percentage of people experience stimulation or anxiety when taking Valerian. All purchases come with a 60-day money back guarantee just in case you are one of the few this formula doesn't work for.*
- Do not take for more than 30 consecutive days.
- As always with any herbs taken internally, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, if you have health conditions or on medications, seek the advice of a botanically knowledgeable healthcare professional before use.
- Do not take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not use with pharmaceutical sedatives, when driving or operating machinery, or while drinking alcohol. Not for children.
- Skullcap has shown to be one of the most useful herbs for assisting the nervous system and lowering anxiety.*
- From the Herbal Academy: "A review of human clinical trials conducted by Sarris et al. (2013) indicates support for efficacy for chronic use of Scutellaria lateriflora (Skullcap) in treating anxiety disorders. In a placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover study conducted by Brock et al. (2014), 43 healthy, non-anxious participants were given either 350 mg S. lateriflora or placebo three times per day, and showed a highly significant (p = <0.001) decrease from pre-test Total Mood Disturbance scores with skullcap but not placebo (p = 0.072). The authors concluded “S. lateriflora significantly enhanced global mood without a reduction in energy or cognition” and recommended further study of its anxiolytic effects. Another double blind, placebo-controlled study of healthy subjects also demonstrated noteworthy anxiolytic effects (Wolfson and Hoffman, 2003). Awad et al. (2003) proposed that the antioxidant-rich flavonoids baicalin and baicalein may play a role in anxiolytic activity by binding to the GABAA receptor, the main inhibitory neurotransmitter."
- *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Skullcap, *Passionflower, *Valerian Root, *Hops, *Gluten Free Alcohol, *Vegetable Glycerin, Spring Water. (*Certified Organic Ingredient)